The Abstract Submission System is now closed.
We are delighted to announce that the theme for the 2022 CONUL Annual Conference is Library.Now – Welcome to the future!
Libraries have been innovating and evolving towards a new future over the last decade, and the last two years have brought that future right into the now! Reflecting that, the 2022 Conference will explore aspects of ‘library futures’ relating to innovations in services, learning and research, technology, spaces, collections, and staff development. CONUL invites submissions for presentations and posters which address topics including, but not limited to:
• Library services in a blended learning environment
• Library support for online and blended learning and research
• Technology and innovation in libraries
• New synergies and transformations for library collections
• Hybrid and remote working in libraries
• Developing the library workforce
• Transforming spaces for a flexible library
• Open Access and the changing scholarly communications landscape
• Sustainable Libraries, including support for UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
• Library services at the heart of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI)
• New Partnerships for libraries (Community, Heritage, internal partnerships)
• Planning in changing times (Strategic, Succession, Disaster etc)
The Conference Committee welcomes proposals on the theme and sub-themes which include trends which may shape the future and practical elements of research and academic librarianship. Papers that may not fit into the above topics but relate to the overall theme are equally welcome. We encourage colleagues who are currently harnessing new technologies, reconfiguring onsite and online spaces; responding to and anticipating changing user needs; transforming collections; exploring the staffing considerations in this time of change, to consider abstract submission for the 2022 CONUL Conference.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the conference as one of the following:
• Oral Presentations: 300 word abstract submission
• Parallel Paper: 20 minute presentation and Q&A
• Lightning Talk: 10 minute presentation and Q&A
• Show & Tell: 5 minute presentation followed by an opportunity for delegates to have 1-1 discussions with presenters.
• Poster Presentation: 100 word abstract submission
The closing date for abstract submission is Midnight (GMT), Sunday 16th January 2022. This is a fixed deadline and will not be extended. Further information on the Call for Papers, including presentation types, important dates and submission guidelines are available here.
• Opening of Call for Papers: Tuesday 30 November 2021
• Deadline for abstract submission: Midnight (GMT), Sunday 16th January 2022
• Notification of abstract acceptance: Monday 14th February 2022.*
• Deadline for registration of presenters: 5pm (GMT), Friday 25th February 2022
• Deadline for submission of final presentation: Midnight (GMT) Sunday 22nd May 2022
*Notifications of abstract acceptance went out ahead of schedule on Thursday 10 February. We kindly ask that you check your Spam and Quarantine email folders. If you can’t find your notification, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or log back into the Abstract Submission System to check on your Submission Status. If your submission was accepted, you will now see a ‘Registration’ tab in your Abstract System account. Please register as soon as possible and before Friday 25th February.